Trails of History and Wine: Ancient Akrotiri and Santorini Wineries Tour
- 기간: 6 시 (대략)
- 위치: Santorini, Cyclades
- 상품 코드: PBK7PG
Uncover the fascinating history of Santorini on a guided tour of the Akrotiri excavations, a prehistoric town that has been frozen in time by ash that fell during the Minoan volcanic eruption 3,600 years ago. Some speculate that this may be the origin of "Atlantis", a mythical city described in the scripts of the Greek philosopher "Plato" and has been lost in time since.
Ruins, frescoes and impressive ceramic artifacts are just a few of the finds that add even more intrigue to the site as you wander around.
Continue your discovery in the wine country visiting 3 traditional island wineries and enjoy cellar tours to see how the wine-making process unfolds, from grape to glass.
Learn about Santorini’s unique viticulture traditions at the unforgiving island conditions & taste a selection of 12 Santorini wine styles such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri and the sublimely sweet Vinsanto wine.
- 6-hour in-depth history and wine tour led by a Greek archaeologist and an expertise sommelier.
- Discover the fabled c of Akrotiri, lost for centuries underneath Santorini's volcanic ash.
- Hear the fascinating history of Akrotiri by a professional guide, uncovering the links between Plato's "Atlantis" and the ash-covered prehistoric town of Akrotiri.
- Visit three acclaimed wineries at the pictuersque Santorini’s countryside
- Try up to 12 varietals of Santorini wine such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri and Vinsanto.
- Enjoy a platter of local cheese and snacks to eat alongside wine-tastings.
- Admire the charming landscape filled with scenic villages and rolling hills.
- Small groups with a maximum of 8 ensure personalized attention & intimate experience.
· Akrotiri Excavations(1-Hour Guided Tour)
· Boutari winery
· Gavalas traditional winery
· Estate Argyros or Artemis Karamolegos Winery
- Hotel / Airbnb pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by deluxe air-conditioned mini-van
- Guided tour of Akrotiri by a professional guide
- Visits at three Santorini wineries all acclaimed by international experts
- 12 different wine-tastings from Santorini and Greece
- English-speaking wine expert guide / Sommelier
- Mini wine-tasting tutorial of Greek wines
- Local cheese and snacks to eat alongside wine-tastings at each of the wineries
- Admission tickets at Akrotiri and the wineries
- All taxes and tasting fees
The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces.
This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
This is a small group(shared) tour, that can accommodate up to 8 people.
Operated as private the tour can accommodate larger groups, upon request..
Duration 6 hours approx. Exact duration may vary.
Departs Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday at 09:00 am approx. (start time may vary depending pickup location).
Available from April to November annualy.
Parts of Santorini are built on a slope, in case your hotel /Airbnb is inaccessible by car due to landscape, pedestrianized areas or any other restrictions, your pickup will be set a nearby meeting point location within walking distance from your accommodation that will be advised after your booking.
The tour can be offered as private as well, for you and your party.
The total cost for a private tour is 900 Euro for a group of 2 up to 6 people max and 150 Euro extra for each additional person.