Wine and Food Lovers: Santorini Cooking Class and Wine-Tasting Tour
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PW7C5C
Treat yourself to a fun & informative wine and food tour in Santorini, followed by a culinary feast filled with Santorini flavors and traditional Greek delights.
The day starts with a visit to a charming vineyard learning about the unique viticulture that makes Santorini’s vine-growing renowned worldwide for its distinctive means of production, existing for centuries. During the tour, visit 2 traditional Santorini wineries and taste the island’s signature wines such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri and Vinsanto.
Then help a local chef prepare a course of three Santorini signature dishes at a traditional restaurant and enjoy all the fruits of your labor at the end of your cooking lesson!
- 6-Hour guided wine-tasting and cooking class tour in Santorini.
- Visit 2 traditional wineries and learn about Santorini’s unique viticulture.
- Sample up to 8 different types of wine such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri and Vinsanto.
- Learn how to cook Santorini signature dishes by a Greek chef.
- Savor all your fresh-cooked creations at the end of your cooking lesson.
- Small groups with a maximum of 8 ensure an intimate and personalized experience.
· Boutari winery
· Gavalas traditional winery
· Cooking class restaurant / winery
Cooking lesson menu:
· Greek salad, Santorini version (vegetarian)
· Tomato-fritters (traditional Santorini appetizer, vegetarian)
· Local pork fillet on sweet "Vinsanto" wine sauce (signature Santorini dish)*
*During lunch, can be replaced with vegetarian dish or chicken fillet upon diet preference/special request.
- Pickup & drop-off at your Santorini Hotel & Airbnb's (nearby meeting point will be set).
- Visits at 2 traditional wineries in the countryside of Santorini.
- Wine tasting of 8 different samples of wine.
- English speaking, wine expert guide & a local chef
- Cooking lesson.
- Full lunch with wine.
- Recipe card.
- All taxes.
- Admissions and tasting fees at the wineries.
The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces.
This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
This is a small group(shared) tour, that can accommodate up to 8 people.
Operated as private the tour can accommodate larger groups, upon request.
Duration 6 hours approx. Exact duration may vary.
Departs from Monday to Friday at 10:00 am approx. (start time may vary depending pickup location).
Available from April to November, every year.