Santorini Wine Adventure: Half-Day Tour
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: P0QRQW
Sip your way around Santorini on a half-day wine tour, visiting three traditional wineries dotted around the picturesque island.
Learn about the ancient vineyard of Santorini, the history of the island through the centuries and how the volcanic soils influence its wine-making.
Visit 3 traditional wineries dotted around the picturesque island and taste a selection of 12 different wines served alongside local cheese and snacks.
While savoring up to 12 different varietals made from grapes such as the
indigenous Assyrtiko, learn all about the island’s unique viticulture that produces
some of the most crisp whites and seductively sweet wines in the Mediterranean.
Walk around a volcanic vineyard, explore the wineries' cellars and enjoy a platter
of local cheese to eat alongside the wine.
· 4.5-hour wine tour in Santorini, led by a wine-expert guide.
· Visit three traditional wineries dotted around the picturesque island.
· Admire the charming countryside filled with scenic villages and rolling hills.
· Walk around a volcanic vineyard and learn about the island's unique viticulture.
· Explore the cellars of each winery and see where their wine is bottled and matured.
· Sample up to 12 different wines such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri and Vinsanto.
· Enjoy a platter of cheese and snacks to eat alongside wine-tastings.
· Hotel / Airbnb pickup and drop-off.
Day Tour Route (AM departures - 10:00 am & 12:00 pm) April to early November
· Boutari winery or Estate Argyros
· Hatzidakis Winery or Gavalas Winery
· Venetsanos Winery or Artemis Karamolegos Winery
Sunset Tour Route: (PM departures - 3:30 to 4.30 pm approx.) May to October
· Boutari Winery or Artemis Karamolegos Winery or Avantis Winery
· Estate Argyros or Gavalas Winery or Hatzidakis Winery
· Venetsanos Winery (Sunset views, Greek cheeses & tapas)
* For sunset wine tour bookings, please book the Santorini Wine Adventure:Sunset Tour option on the main booking screen
What is Included:
- Pickup & drop-off at your Hotel or Airbnb.
- Transportation by deluxe air-conditioned minivan.
- Visits at three renowned wineries featured in respected wine magazines such as Wine Spectator & Robert Parker.
- Wine-tasting of 12 different wine styles from Santorini and Greece.
- English-speaking wine expert guide / sommelier.
- Mini wine-tasting tutorial of Greek wines.
- Local cheese and snacks to eat alongside wine tastings.
- All taxes.
- Admissions and tasting fees at the wineries.
The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces.
This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
This is a small group (shared) tour, that can accommodate up to 8 people.
Operated as private, the tour can accommodate larger groups upon request.
Duration 4hours approx. Exact duration may vary.
Departs from Monday to Saturday at 10:00 am approx. (start time may vary depending pickup location).
Available Monday to Saturday from April to early November, annually.
Parts of Santorini are built on a slope, in case your hotel /Airbnb is inaccessible by car due to landscape, pedestrianized areas or any other restrictions, your pickup will be set a nearby meeting point location within walking distance from your accommodation that will be advised after your booking.
The tour operator reserves the right to alter/shift the time-frame of the tour and/or tour route due to unforeseen circumstances, weather conditions and slots/tables available at the tasting rooms of the wineries that day. Your tour might start at a little later or prior time in a continues effort to provide a better service and to secure a smoother experience to all of our guests.
· Day Tour (AM departure): 120.00 Euros Per Person (April to November)
· Sunset Tour (PM departure): 120.00 Euros Per Person (May to early October)
· Evening Tour with Dinner (4PM departure): 130.00 Euros Per Person (May to early October)
* For sunset tour bookings, please book the "Sunset Tour" tour option, on the main (previous) booking screen.
The tour can be offered as private as well, for you and your party.
The total cost for a private tour is 700 Euro for a group of 2 up to 6 people max and 120 Euro extra for each additional person.
In case you will be a group of 7 or more people total on tour, please book at the regular per person rate as advertised on this page (120 Euro per person) and your tour will be complimentary upgraded to private just for your group, automatically.